The Paddle Canada Instructor course will provide participants with the skills to teach Stand Up Paddleboard on protected flatwater with easy landing options; conduct Paddle Canada Basic SUP skills courses; assist on Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP skills courses.
This 3-days course also includes the following prerequisites courses for the Instructor course:
- Basic Stand Up Paddleboard course: introduces the novice to paddling a paddleboard in calm sheltered water.
- Advanced Flatwater Stand Up Paddleboard: introduces to paddling in more challenging conditions and to more advanced paddleboard skills.
Prerequisites for the Instructor course:
- At least 16 years of age.
- Current Paddle Canada membership and Provincial/Territorial membership.
- Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP skills certification, or equivalent skills and knowledge (part of the 3-day course).
- Current certification in Standard First Aid with CPR (14-16 hours).
- Instructors are expected have to experience beyond that of the Basic SUP skills course